projects update: entry table makeover

9.23.2013

After being quite unhappy with a recent priming then painting job, I asked around for make-your-own chalk paint recipe and (after sanding) tried it out on this table! I got a free 7.5oz Valspar sample from Lowe's in Mountain Smoke (or a beige gray ..."greige" to be exact) and knew it was for this thrifted table.


It needed some love. So I sanded the heck out of it (probably 5-6 hours worth with all those little details!) and then painted it with THIS chalk paint recipe. And here it is!






I love the details! The weird spiral spot on top (see original pic) actually needs a little more work (a.k.a more sanding) but I'm hoping to sand and repaint that small spot and then clear wax the whole thing.

What do you think??

5 comments:

  1. Nice work! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:25 PM

    Looks great!! Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:26 PM

    Looks great!! Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I picked up a free sample of this same color... going to use it for a little doll cradle makeover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:02 PM

    I love the table and the color is great! I do not see what you are concerned about, but if it bugs you now, are you going to be happy with it? It is obvious how much sanding you did with all the little "do-dads" It is a really cute table. I am more into Shaker and I'm afraid I would not have even noticed it and passed up a special table. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete